Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
Hakone Free Pass
The Hakone Free Pass is a discounted excursion ticket between Shinkuju and Hakone-Yumoto, valid for 2 days and offers full coverage of Hakone's popular sightseeing spots.
Hakone Free Pass allows you to get on and off the local transport within Hakone and discount admission to various attractions in the area.
With Hakone Free Pass, you can use eight different transport types in the area, including the train Hakone Tozan Line and the Hakone Ropeway, the boat Hakone Sightseeing Cruise, and the different buses, allowing you to explore Hakone as you like. Enjoy your trip to Hakone with the convenient and economical Hakone Free Pass.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
The Hakone Region
Hakone is one of Japan´s most famous hot spring (onsen) areas, rich with unspoiled nature and within easy traveling distance of Tokyo.
Hakone in Kanagawa Prefecture 50 miles (80 km) southwest of Tokyo and lies in an extinct volcano crater in a mountain range. Historically it was a resting place for those making the journey between Kyoto and Tokyo. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Kanto region, offering fantastic views of Mt Fuji, beautiful Lake Ashi and home to numerous ryokan and hot springs.
The Hakone Free Pass is a excellent and affordable way to discover the area.
The JRP Assistance service is offered to customers who have purchased a Japan Rail Pass on the Japan-Rail-Pass or the Japan Experience website. This service provides unlimited access to telephone assistance in Japan 7 days a week and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for any questions, advice or troubleshooting relating to your train journey in Japan. This service also allows you to get a full refund of your Japan Rail Pass, should you need to cancel your order.
Conditions of the Hakone Free Pass
The voucher is to be exchanged exclusively at the Odakyu Shinjuku counter and at the Odakyu Tourist Information Center (Odawara Station):
- Odakyu Railway Shinjuku Station West Exit ,1-1-3 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku-Ku, Tokyo 1st Floor (Ground floor)
- Tel: +81-3-5321-7887
- Email: email@example.com
- Opening hours: 08:00 - 18:00.
- Odakyu Tourist Information Center (Odawara Station) 1 Chome-1-9 Sakaecho, Odawara, Kanagawa 250-0011. Across from the Odakyu Line ticket vending machines in Odawara Station.
- Tel: +81 465-24-4101
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening hours: 08:30 - 18:00.
The pass is valid for two days. It includes a round trip ticket for the Odakyu Line (from the departure station to Shinjuku) plus unlimited rides (Additional fares are required for Limited Express "Romancecar" trains).
Rides on seven modes of transportation including :
- Hakone Tozan Train.
- Hakone Tozan Cable Car.
- Hakone Tozan Bus (designated area in Hakone).
- Hakone Ropeway.
- Hakone Sightseeing Cruise Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus (designated area in Hakone).
- Numazu Tozan Tokai Bus (designated area in Hakone)
When using your "Hakone Freepass", you benefit from special offers and discounts at over fifty facilities around Hakone including Hot springs and spas, Art museums and other museums, Places of historic interest, Botanical gardens and parks, Amusement and sports facilities, Restaurants and shops. For more information, please check Hakone Freepass website here (http://www.odakyu.jp/english/deels/freepass/hakone/) under the Discount tab.
- You cannot make seat reservations until you have exchanged the Pass.
- In addition to the Hakone Freepass, a limited express surcharge is required to ride the Odakyu Romance car.
- If you wish to cancel your order, please post back the Hakone Freepass vouchers.
- Refunds will be made after due reception of the vouchers.
- The cancellation fee is 15% of the booking amount.