Wie zijn wij?
Japan Experience is een agentschap dat 38 jaar geleden werd opgericht en dat gespecialiseerd is in reizen naar en in Japan.
Japan Experience, een reisorganisator die zowel in Parijs als in Kyoto gebaseerd is, wil in Europa de eerste specialist zijn van reizen naar en in Japan, zonder bemiddelaars, om zijn reizigers het volgende aan te bieden:
- meer transparantie en faciliteiten
- de beste kennis van het land
- de beste prijzen
Freedom of choice
Travelers are free to choose where to go and what to book.
Japan Experience is the only tour operator to not only offer all possible ways to travel, but also give travelers the freedom to book as little or as much as they want to.
We let travelers focus on what’s important and handle the rest.
Our website and storefront are meant to be one-stop shops for travelers to Japan: information, advice, accommodation, transportation, activities, excursions or full tours - we take care of it all!
People at the core
For us, traveling is all about discovering new places, new people, and new things about yourself.
We put people above all else. Whether it’s our travel consultants or Travel Angels in Japan, they are here to advise and inspire you.
Nowadays, the vast majority of travelers want to organize their trip to Japan themselves. That’s why we’ve gathered everything you might need to personalize your experience to Japan, all in one place.
- Cut out the middleman: to offer you better rates, and to put you directly in contact with your host.
- Reconcile freedom and security: our Travel Agents in Tokyo and Kyoto will advise and assist you throughout your stay.
- Don’t just visit, live: go beyond mere sightseeing and live an authentic experience.
- “À la carte” choices: spend your day with a private tour guide or take part in our gastronomic and cultural activities.
Japan Experience in a nutshell
- 2021: Vivre le Japon becomes Japan Experience
- 2018: Local office opens in Madrid
- 2017: Local office opens in Los Angeles
- 2016: Local office opens in Berlin
- 1981: Creation of “Carrefour Japon”, which would later become Vivre le Japon
The Japan Experience Team
We are a team of Japan enthusiasts who share common values, enjoy sharing and strive for excellence.
Our team is:
- About forty employees in 6 countries
- Average age of 30 years old
- 50/50 parity between men and women
The Chairman of Japan Experience
Thierry Maincent discovered Japan in 1994 during a professional internship in Tokyo, where he met his wife.
After graduating from the University of Paris Dauphine in 1995, he returned to Japan between 1996 and 1998 to complete his cooperation in a French cooking school.
Returning to France in 1998, he founded with 2 friends an online wine-selling company, which he introduced on the stock exchange at the end of 2006. In early 2010, he joined the specialized tour operator Vivre le Japon to participate in the development of the company alongside its founder Claude Saulière. After sustained international growth, Thierry Maincent became chairman of the company in 2018. He now lives between Paris and Tokyo with his family.
What does the media have to say about Japan Experience?
As the first tour operator exclusively dedicated to Japan, Japan Experience’s 40 years of expertise have been recognized, both in France and abroad.
In this section, you’ll find press articles and reports about us: