Activities in Japan
Discover our selection of things to do in Japan!
Japan isn't just Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka; there are incredible activities to do all over the country, in places like Nara, Okayama, Nikko, Hiroshima, Kobe, or even places off the beaten track. Japan Experience offers a wide range of activities to discover the best of Japan!
- Variety of activities: Over 100 activities across Japan, to suit all tastes and interests, from culture to a tour of Japanese nature to unique experiences.
- Educational experiences: Our activities offer opportunities to learn things about Japanese culture, crafts, cuisine, religion and much more.
- Local English-speaking guides: Enjoy a tailor-made private tour at a reasonable price, accompanied by our local English-speaking tour guides for a more personal, informative and memory-filled experience.
- Quality and professionalism: All our activities are carefully selected and designed by our team of expert professionals with a passion for Japan.
- Authentic discovery: We offer you access to authentic and fascinating Japan experience, enjoyed by local people that are far from the tourist clichés.
Our most popular activities
If you're not sure where to start for your dive into Japanese culture, take a look at and book one of our most popular activities for the best way to enjoy your visit!
For thrill-seekers looking to experience a day of fun and leisure, Universal Studio Japan in Osaka is a must. In Tokyo, immerse yourself and tour the future at TeamLab Planets, one of the best art experiences in Japan or indulge in the timeless magic of Tokyo Disney Sea and Tokyo Disneyland. For an authentic Japanese experience, Kyoto offers a picturesque evening tour in Gion, a soothing tea ceremony that encapsulates the spirit of Japan, or the delicate art of making your own chopsticks. A dinner at a Yakatabune in Tokyo along with other food tour options are the best option to delight gourmets. Each of these bestseller activities offers a medley of unique experiences, ensuring that there's something for everyone to enjoy for your next visit to Japan, either in a private setting or with other ambitious travelers looking for adventure that day.
Our recommended activities
We've carefully selected a range of activities to help you best discover the many facets of Japan and the local culture. Let yourself be immersed in an evening tour through Shinjuku in Tokyo and see where the local people go, or embark on a day of discovery along the tea route in Kyoto. Treat yourself to an enriching exploration of Hakone or a full day of travel in Kamakura. Become a sushi chef during a workshop in Shinjuku City or learn the art of Bento in Kyoto, activities guaranteed to be great experiences for any lover of Japanese food. Or perhaps you'd prefer a complete discovery of Kyoto from top to bottom? There are even special activities for younger travelers with our "Tokyo for Kids" experience. This is the best way to enjoy a visit with family and introduce the richness of Japanese culture. Whatever your preference, we have a unique experience waiting for you.
Frequently Asked Questions