Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
KANSAI WIDE AREA PASS
The JR West Kansai Wide Area Pass for international visitors includes unlimited access to JR trains in the wider Kansai region, Okayama, Takamatsu, Kinosaki Onsen and Wakayama for 5 consecutive days.
From Kyoto or Osaka, you can explore the entire region, from the Sea of Japan on one side to the Pacific Ocean on the other. You can use this pass to visit Kinosaki-onsen, Toyooka, Himeji, Kurashiki, and Tsuruga or the Kumano region. The pass also gives you access to the Kansai International airport.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
Explore Japan's cultural and spiritual capital Kansai. This multifaceted region offering visitors both the discovery of a multitude of World Heritage Sites, the urban excitement of cities like Osaka and Kobe and the spiritual Kumano Region.
Travel at your own pace and visit the temples and UNESCO treasures of the former Imperial capitals of Kyoto and Nara, enjoy the regional dishes, explore Himeji Castle or beautiful onsen town of Kinosaki.
Kansai is known for the warm welcome given by its inhabitants and soothing melodic regional dialect Kansai-ben.
The JRP Assistance service is offered to customers who have purchased a Japan Rail Pass on the Japan-Rail-Pass or the Japan Experience website. This service provides unlimited access to telephone assistance in Japan 7 days a week and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for any questions, advice or troubleshooting relating to your train journey in Japan. This service also allows you to get a full refund of your Japan Rail Pass, should you need to cancel your order.
Conditions of the JR Kansai Wide Area Pass
- Only international tourists who have a temporary visitor entry status for Japan are eligible for this pass.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
- The MCO (Miscellaneous Charges Order) can be exchanged over a 3-month period.
- To exchange the voucher (Miscellaneous Charges Order) for the pass you will need your passport.
- The activation date of the pass, once the pass has been obtained, can no longer be changed.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Kyoto Station, JR WEST (central exit), Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Shin-Osaka Station, JR WEST (East exit), Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Osaka Station, JR WEST Ticket Office (East exit), daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Kansai Airport Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Sannomiya Station (Kobe), central exit, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Nara Station, Ticket Office, daily from 9 am to 8 pm.
- Wakayama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 4.50 am to midnight.
- Okayama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5 am to 11:30 pm.
- Totorri Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:45 am to 11 pm.
- Fukuchiyama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 4:30 am to 11 pm.
- Takamatsu Station, Ticket Office, 10 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday and 10 am to 5 pm Weekends and holidays.
What is included with the pass?
- Kansai airport express Haruka
- JR Nara line
- JR Kyoto line
- JR Gakkentoshi line
- JR Yamatoji line
- JR Tozai line
- JR Osaka Higashi line
- JR Osaka Loop Line
- JR Yumesaki line
- JR Hanwa line
- JR Kobe line
- JR Uno line
- JR Ako line
- JR Bantan line
- JR Kakogawa line
- JR Fukuchiyama line
- JR Sagano Line
- JR Maizuru line
- JR Obama line
- JR Kosei line
- JR Hokuriku line
- JR Biwako line
- JR Manyo-Mahoroba (Sakurai) line
- JR Wakayama line
- JR Kisei (Kinokuni) line
- JR Sanyo Shinkansen (Shin-Osaka to Okayama)
- Chizukyu Express Line
- Kyoto Tango Railway
- Wakayama Railway
- JR Buses between Kyoto Station, Takao and Shuzan, Fukuchiyama and Sonobe and Obama and Omi-Imazu.
- The pass is valid on Local, Rapid and Special Rapid trains on conventional JR West lines.
- The pass is valid on the following Express Trains: Haruka, Kinosaki, Konotori, Hamakaze, Thunderbird, Kuroshio.
- The pass is valid on the Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Okayama.
- Seat reservations can be made with no additional cost.
What is not included in the pass?
- The pass is NOT valid on the Tokaido Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Kyoto or the Kyushu Shinkansen.
- You cannot make seat reservations until you have exchanged the pass.
- An additional fee is required when reserving seats on Express trains and Shinkansen Bullet Trains.
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely. In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the JR West staff located at the platform gates.
- To reserve a seat, ask the JR West staff at the ticket office. It is a personal pass.
- Always carry your passport when using the pass as station and train staff may check it.
Cancellation conditions and fees
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- A refund is not possible for a lost or stolen voucher.