Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
Sanyo Sanin Pass
The JR Sanyo San'in Area Pass provides unlimited access to JR West lines in Chugoku region and parts of Kansai region for 7 consecutive days.
The lines included with the pass: JR West lines, Sanyo Shinkansen (Nozomi, Mizuho, Hikari, Sakura, Kodama), Limited Express trains incl. Kansai Airport Express Haruka, the JR-WEST Miyajima Ferry.
The pass allows you to visit the following cities: Kyoto, Kinosaki Onsen, Osaka, Nara, Wakayama, Kobe, Himeji, Okayama, Kurashiki, Takamatsu, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Tottori, Matsue and Hakata (Fukuoka).
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for the Sanyo San'in Area Pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
Discover Western Japan from Kyoto to Fukuoka with the Sanyo San'in Area Pass.
The southernmost city covered with the pass is Fukuoka will surprise visitors through its original culture; its harbor, located opposite Korea, was the center of the first exchanges between Japan and the continent. A charming blend of urbanity and tradition, it is a historic town not to be missed.
Hiroshima has earned a poignant place in the world's history where the first atomic bomb was dropped in 1945. But this modern, clean city offers more than just memories with its Peace Memorial Park, it a city of hope. It offers visitors numerous tourist attractions, including a reconstructed Hiroshima castle and Shukkei-en gardens.
The pass also includes places such as Izumi Shrine in Shimane, Tottori and its famous sand dunes, Tsuruga in Fukui, known for its great beaches, as well as Takamatsu on the island of Shikoku and Uno stations, both access points to Naoshima art island.
Make sure you do not miss Korakuen gardens in Okayama, one of Japan's top three gardens. The pass also allows you to use transport between Osaka, Nara and Kyoto, and the Ferry to Miyajima, where you can admire the famous Torii of Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The JRP Assistance service is offered to customers who have purchased a Japan Rail Pass on the Japan-Rail-Pass or the Japan Experience website. This service provides unlimited access to telephone assistance in Japan 7 days a week and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for any questions, advice or troubleshooting relating to your train journey in Japan. This service also allows you to get a full refund of your Japan Rail Pass, should you need to cancel your order.
Conditions of the Sanyo San'in Area Pass
- Only international tourists who have a temporary visitor entry status for Japan are eligible for this pass.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
- The MCO (Miscellaneous Charges Order) can be exchanged over a 3-month period.
- To exchange the voucher (Miscellaneous Charges Order) for the pass you will need your passport.
- The activation date of the pass, once the pass has been obtained, can no longer be changed.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Kyoto Station, JR WEST (central exit), Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Shin-Osaka Station, JR WEST (East exit), Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm.
- Osaka Station, JR WEST Ticket Office (East exit), daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Kansai Airport Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Sannomiya Station (Kobe), central exit, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 11 pm.
- Nara Station, Ticket Office, daily from 9 am to 8 pm.
- Wakayama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 4.50 am to midnight.
- Okayama Station, Ticket Office, daily from 7.10 am to 6:30 pm.
- Sakaiminato Station, Ticket Office, daily from 7:10am to 6:30 pm.
- Yonago Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5 am to 10 pm.
- Tottori Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:45 am to 11 pm.
- Matsue Station, Ticket Office, daily from 4:50 am to 9:30 pm.
- Hiroshima Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:20 am to 11 pm.
- Shin-Yamaguchi Station, Ticket Office, 5:50 am to 11 pm.
- Shimonoseki Station, Ticket Office, daily from 5:30 am to 10:30 pm.
- Kokura Station, Travel Service Center, daily from 10 am to 7 pm (6 pm on weekends and holidays).
- Hakata Station, Ticket Office, daily from 7 am to 11 pm. JR Kyushu Travel, weekdays from 10 am to 8 pm, weekends until 6 pm.
What lines are included with the pass?
- The Limited Express trains HARUKA (to Kansai Airport), KUROSHIO, THUNDERBIRD, KONOTORI, YAKUMO, HAKUTO (incl. the line between Kamigori and Chizu).
- Sanyo Shinkansen (trains Nozomi, Mizuho, Hikari, Sakura, Kodama) between Shin-Osaka and Hakata (Fukuoka).
- Chizukyu Express Line.
- Rapid and local trains of JR West lines.
- The Chugoku JR Bus from Yamaguchi to Hagi and West JR Bus between Sanobe and Fukuchiyama and Kyoto Station and Takao.
- The JR-WEST Miyajima Ferry.
- Kyoto Tango Railway, for access to Amanohashidate.
What is not included in the pass?
- The Pass is not valid on the Tokaido or Kyushu Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Kyoto.
- Please note that this pass cannot be used on expressway buses.
- With the pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the JR staff located at the platform gates.
- To reserve a seat, ask the JR staff at the ticket office. It is a personal pass.
- Please always carry your passport when using the pass as station and train staff may check it.
Cancellation conditions and fees
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- A refund is not possible for a lost or stolen voucher.