Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
OSAKA-TOKYO HOKURIKU ARCH PASS
The JR Osaka-Tokyo Hokuriku Arch Pass provides unlimited access to JR trains between Tokyo and Osaka, via the Japanese Alps for 7 consecutive days. Stop at cities such as in cities such as Karuizawa, Nagano, Toyama and Kanazawa on your way to Kyoto and Osaka.
The pass covers such as the Hokuriku Shinkansen, which connects Tokyo and Kanazawa, JR trains connecting Tokyo to Narita and Haneda Airports, and JR trains from Osaka to Kansai International Airport. The pass also covers non-JR lines in the Hokuriku Region.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
The Hokuriku Region
Nestled in the heart of Japan between the sea and the mountains, the Hokuriku Region is full of cultural and historical treasures.
Travelers can travel between the two Japanese megacities of Tokyo and Osaka, making stops and exploring the Japanese Alps, in cities such as Karuizawa, Nagano, Toyama, and Kanazawa.
Discover the hot springs of Takasaki and the ski spots of Nagano before traveling to Kanazawa. Visit Kanazawa nicknamed "Little Kyoto", a center of contemporary art and traditional crafts, known for its famous garden Kenroku-en, one of the three most beautiful in Japan. From this coastal city, you can connect to Kyoto by passing by Fukui and Lake Biwa.
In Fukui, immerse yourself in Japan's history by browsing the many cultural sites of the city. Be enchanted by the temples and sacred deer of Nara, the traditional streets and atmosphere of Kyoto, and by the neon lights and delicious cuisine of Osaka.
Conditions of Osaka-Tokyo Hokuriku Arch Pass
- Those who do NOT have a Japanese passport are eligible: non-Japanese tourists or foreign residents in Japan.
- The MCO ("Mischellaneous Charges Order" - equivalent to a Japan Rail Pass voucher) is valid for exchange for the Osaka-Tokyo Hokuriku Arch Pass for up to three months from the purchase date.
- To exchange the voucher for the pass you will need your passport.
- The start date of the pass can no longer be changed once the voucher has been exchanged.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Nagano Station, Travel Service Center, 10:00 - 19:00 Monday through Friday, 10:00 - 17:30 Weekends.
- Narita Airport Terminal 1, JR EAST Travel Service Center, daily from 8:15 to 19:00. JR Ticket Office, daily from 6:30 to 8:15 and 19:00 to 21:45.
- Narita Airport Terminals 2 and 3, JR East Travel Service Center, every day from 8:15 to 20:00. JR Ticket Office, every day from 6:30 to 8:15 and 20:00 to 21:45.
- Haneda Airport International Terminal, JR East Travel Service Center (Tokyo Monorail 2F Ticket Gate/Arrival Lobby), every day from 7:45 to 18:30.
- Tokyo Station, JR East Travel Service Center (Marunouchi North Exit), every day from 7:30 to 20:30.
- Shinjuku Station, JR East Travel Service Center (New South Exit), every day from 8:00 to 19:00. Information Center (East), every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Yokohama Station, Yokohama Station, Travel Service Center, 10:00 to 20:00 Monday through Friday, 10:00 to 19:00 weekends and holidays.
- Nagano Station, Travel Service Centers (View Plaza), weekdays from 10:00 to 19:00, weekends and holidays 10:00 to 17:30.
- Shinagawa Station, Information Center (Central), every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Shibuya Station, Information Center (South), every day from 10:00 to 18:30.
- Ikebukuro Station, Information Center (Central), every day from 9:30 to 18:00.
- Ueno Station, Information Center (Central), every day from 9:00 to 19:00.
- Kansai Airport, JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), every day from 5:30 to 23:00.
- Osaka Station, JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), every day from 5:30 to 23:00.
- Shin-Osaka Station, JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), every day from 5:30 to 23:30.
- Kyoto Station, JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), every day from 5:30 to 23:00.
- Kanazawa Station, JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), every day from 4:40 to 23:30.
- Toyama Station, JR Ticket Office (Midori-no-Madoguchi), every day from 5:40 to 23:30.
What trains are covered with this pass?
- JR lines: Limited Express, express, and local trains running from Kansai International Airport, in the Kansai Region, the Hokuriku Region, the Tokyo Region, and Narita and Haneda airports.
- The Hokuriku shinkansen between Tokyo and Kanazawa (Kagayaki, Hakutaka, Asama, and Tsurugi trains).
- The Tohoku/Yamagata shinkansen between Tokyo and Yamagata (Hayate, Yamabiko, Nasuno, Tsubasa trains).
- The Joetsu Shinkansen between Tokyo and Niigata (Toki and Tanigawa trains).
- The Limited Express Haruka between Kansai Airport and Shin-Osaka/Kyoto (non-reserved seating).
- The Limited Express Thunderbird between Osaka and Kanazawa.
- The Narita Express within the zone usable with the pass.
- The Tokyo Monorail between Hamamatsucho Station and Haneda Airport Terminal 2.
- The JR lines in the Keihanshin Region (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe, and Nara) and JR lines in the city of Tokyo.
- The JR lines Etsumi-Hoku, Nanao, Himi, Johana, Takayama (Main Line between Toyama and Inotani), and Oito (Between Itoigawa and Minami-Otari).
- The following NON-JR railway companies: Ishikawa Railway, Ainokaze Toyama Railway, and Noto Railway.
What trains are excluded with this pass?
- This pass CANNOT be used on the Tokaido Shinkansen or the Sanyo Shinkansen.
- You cannot make a reservation without having bought the pass.
- This pass does not allow for reservations on the Haruka Airport Express between Kyoto and the Kansai International Airport in Osaka.
- With the Pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats. Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first classes (Green Car or Gran Class), or on night cars, an extra fee is required.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the staff located at the gate to the platform.
- To reserve a seat, ask the staff at the ticket office. It is a personal pass.
- Please always carry your passport when using the pass as station and train staff may check it.
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher, will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- No refund is possible for a lost or stolen pass.