Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
SOUTH KYUSHU PASS
JR South Kyushu Pass gives you access to JR Kyushu trains for 3 consecutive days, allowing you to discover the charms of this beautiful island in the land of the rising sun.
The South Kyushu Pass is available for overseas visitors only and is valid on all JR Kyushu lines below the line formed by Kumamoto and Nobeoka. The pass covers the cities of Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Ibusuki, Miyazaki and Nobeoka.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
South Kyushu Region
The subtropical island of Kyushu is Japan's third largest island. With beautiful cities, national parks, hot spring resort and delicious regional dishes, Kyushu has something for everyone.
The historic town of Kumamoto, a feudal town since the 17th century and home to the impressive Kumamoto Castle, a great place to start a trip in southern Kyushu. Further south is Kagoshima, with its beautiful Senhanen gardens and one of Japan's most active volcanos, Sakurajima.
The tectonic activity in the Kyushu region makes it the ideal place to visit a hot spring. The hot spring town of Ibusuki is most famous for sand baths that are a must for visitors to the area.
Further East is the city of Miyazaki is famous for it's fantastic beaches and museums. Excursions from the city include Takachiho and Kirishima for those who want to explore the great outdoors.
The JRP Assistance service is offered to customers who have purchased a Japan Rail Pass on the Japan-Rail-Pass or the Japan Experience website. This service provides unlimited access to telephone assistance in Japan 7 days a week and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for any questions, advice or troubleshooting relating to your train journey in Japan. This service also allows you to get a full refund of your Japan Rail Pass, should you need to cancel your order.
Conditions of the JR South Kyushu Pass
- Only international tourists who have a temporary visitor entry status for Japan are eligible for this pass.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
- The voucher must be exchanged within a 3-month period from the date of issue.
- To exchange the voucher for the pass you will need your passport.
- The start date of the pass can no longer be changed once the Pass has been exchanged.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Kumamoto Station, Travel Service Center, weekdays from 10 am to 7 pm, weekends until 5:30 pm.
- Kagoshima-chuo Station, Tavel Service Center, weekdays from 10 am to 7 pm, weekends until 6 pm.
- Miyazaki Station, Travel Service Center, daily from 10 am to 7 pm, weekends until 5:30 pm.
- Miyazaki Airport, Ticketing counters, daily from 8:15 am to 9:05 pm.
- The South Kyushu Pass is valid on all JR Kyushu lines below the line formed by Kumamoto and Nobeoka.
- The pass is not valid for the Sanyo Shinkansen, sleeper trains and JR Kyushu buses.
- With the pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the JR Kyushu staff located at the gate to the platform.
- To reserve a seat, ask the JR Kyushu staff at the ticket office. It is a personal pass.
- Please always carry your passport when using the pass as station and train staff may check it.
Cancellation conditions and fees
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- A refund is not possible for a lost or stolen voucher.