Why choose our eSIM?
- Get an internet connection without a physical Sim card, no risk of losing it!
- Many different duration types from 8 days to 3 months
- Tethering is available. You can use your laptop or other devices in Japan with the eSIM。
- You can order from Europe, Japan, the U.S., or anywhere in the world.
- No worry about your internet connection, before your departure to Japan
Please note, Esim is a new product whose activation requires special handling on your phone. In addition, it is only compatible with a small number of phones. If you do not feel comfortable with new digital products, we recommend pocket wifi or a physical SIM card instead.
What is eSIM?
It does not need to be inserted into the phone like a regular physical SIM cards.
It is a SIM that is integrated with the smartphone, which can be used immediately on the spot through an online activation.
- Using the Internet can make your trip to Japan more comfortable (You can access to the Internet only in Japan).
- WiFi is available in Japan, but it is not as common as in other countries. Therefore, if you want to be connected 24/7 during your stay and avoid expensive roaming fees, an eSIM is the perfect solution.
- (This service is not available for devices that do not support eSIM. Please see FAQ for more information.)
- This service is for internet (data communication) only, and does not include SMS function or voice service. International roaming is not supported.
- eSIM has compatible models. eSIM cannot be used for models that are not supported. Please see Q&A to see if your model is compatible or not.
- The internet connection is provided with 4G.
Please note: the number of compatible phones is much greater with the physical SIM card than with the eSIM (see list of compatible phones and our FAQ below).
How do I use eSIM in Japan?
- Following your purchase, you will receive your eSIM activation link by e-mail.
- If you travel to Japan within 48 hours, you can click on the link to obtain your activation code.
- If you're traveling later, don't click on the link, as once you've obtained the activation code, the dates are counted automatically after 48 hours.
- You need internet (wifi or cellular data) to obtain your eSIM activation code: either at the airport when leaving for Japan, or at the airport/hotel when arriving in Japan.
- Follow the user guide sent by e-mail to obtain your activation code and configure it on your phone.
- If you try to connect to the Internet immediately after downloading eSIM to your device, please wait a while as sometimes the connection will not be established. Do not delete eSIM from your device.
What is the cancellation policy for eSIM?
- Cancellation and refund request are not accepted once you get the email with activation link by Email.
- If you delete your eSIM from your device, you have to order again from our website. There is no refund from your deleting eSIM even If there is a fault with the eSim or the equipment used.