Book your Regional Japan Rail Pass
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your Regional PassEdit
SETOUCHI AREA PASS
The Setouchi Area Pass gives unlimited access, for 7 consecutive days, to JR trains between Kansai Airport, Osaka, Okayama, Hiroshima and Fukuoka (Hakata), as well as buses, and the ferry on the Seto Inland Sea to get to Miyajima.
A child price (6 to 11 years of age) is available for this pass. Access to trains is free for accompanied infants aged 5 years or under.
Western Japan - Seto Inland Sea
The JR West Setouchi Area Pass enables you to discover all of the major cities around the Seto Inland Sea.
The pass gives you access to the Korakuen gardens in Okayama from Osaka, one of Japan's top three gardens, an enchantment of light and colors.
Then take a trip to Hiroshima, restored since the Second World War, with its large Peace Park, restored Castle and Shukkei en gardens. Not far from Hiroshima is Miyajima, where you can admire the famous torii of Itsukushima Shrine, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The town of Fukuoka will surprise you through its original culture; its harbor, located opposite Korea, was the center of the first exchanges between Japan and the continent. A charming blend of urbanity and tradition, it is a historic town not to be missed.
Or explore the North of the Shikoku Island: Matsuyama and the Dogo Onsen, thought to be Japan's oldest hot spring and then Takamatsu, at the North East of Shikoku where is located one of the most beautiful Japanese gardens Ritsurin.
The JRP Assistance service is offered to customers who have purchased a Japan Rail Pass on the Japan-Rail-Pass or the Japan Experience website. This service provides unlimited access to telephone assistance in Japan 7 days a week and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for any questions, advice or troubleshooting relating to your train journey in Japan. This service also allows you to get a full refund of your Japan Rail Pass, should you need to cancel your order.
Conditions of the Setouchi Area Pass
- Only international tourists who have a temporary visitor entry status for Japan are eligible for this pass.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass.
- The voucher must be exchanged within a 3-month period from the date of issue.
- To exchange the voucher for the pass you will need your passport.
- The start date of the pass can no longer be changed once the pass has been exchanged.
JR Exchange Offices:
- Kansai Airport ticket office, daily from 5:30am to 11pm
- Shin-Osaka Station ticket office (JR-WEST, East Exit), daily from 5:30am to 11:30pm Osaka Station ticket office, daily from 5:30am to 11pm
- Okayama Station ticket office, daily from 5am to 11:30pm
- Hiroshima Station ticket office, daily from 5:20am to 11pm
- Hakata Station Ticket Office, daily from 7am to 11pm. JR Kyushu Travel, weekdays from 10am to 8pm, weekends until 6pm
- Takamatsu Station ticket office, daily from 4:20am to 11pm
- Matsuyama Station ticket office, daily from 4:50am to 11:20pm
- Warp Takamatsu weekdays from 10am to 6pm, weekends until 5pm
- Warp Matsuyama weekdays from 10am to 6pm, weekends until 5pm
The trains and buses included in the Pass are the following:
- JR Limited Express (including shinkansen), Rapid and local trains between Kansai Airport, Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Okayama, Hiroshima and Hakata (Fukuoka).
- The JR West ferry between Miyajima and Miyajimaguchi.
- The Ryobi ferry between the ports Shin-Okayama and Shoudoshima/Tonosho.
- The Shodoshima ferry between the ports of Takamatsu and Shodoshima/Tonosho.
- The Setonaikai Kisen and Ishisaki Kisen "Super Jet" ferries between the ports of Hiroshima, Kure and Matsuyama.
- The Shodoshima ferry between the ports of Takamatsu and Shodoshima/Tonosho. The Setouchi Kanko Kisen ferry between Jinase et Shodoshima.
- The Okayama Tramway.
- The Okaden bus between Okayama Station and Shin-Okayama harbor.
- The Okaden bus between Shin-Onomichi or Onomichi and Imabari Station or Imabari harbor.
- The tourist bus between Meipuru-pu and Hiroshima.
- With the Pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- No reservation possible on the Sanyo Shinkansen and the Limited Express trains.
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the JR staff located at the platform gates.
- To reserve a seat, ask the JR staff at the the ticket office.
- It is a personal pass. Please always carry your passport when using the Pass as station and train staff may check it.
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- A cancellation fee of 15% of the value of the voucher will be retained.
- No refund is possible for a voucher received by us more than one year from the date of issue.
- No refund is possible for a lost or stolen voucher.