3. Information about administrative and health formalities
Information provided by Japan Experience about administrative formalities which need to be carried out before heading to Japan is solely aimed at citizens of European nationality.
People from outside of the European Union must obtain all necessary information about required administrative and health formalities prior to the beginning of a trip from the relevant Embassies or Consulates.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check that their documents comply with all requirements prior to their trip. We strongly recommend that all of this information be checked with the competent authorities. Japan Experience cannot, in any case, be held responsible for the consequences of a failure on the part of customers to comply with police, customs or health regulations, both prior to and during their trip.
A customer who is unable to board a flight due to not presenting the required documents may not claim any reimbursement or refund. Japan Experience strongly recommends that you regularly consult the specific country information relating to your trip published by the Foreign Affairs Ministry at the following address: www.diplomatie.fr . Japan Experience would like to attract your attention to the fact that this information may change leading up to your departure date; it is therefore advisable to consult it regularly. 4. Withdrawal period
In compliance with the provisions of the French Consumer Code applicable to travel agencies (Art. L. 121-20-4), customers have no right of withdrawal regarding services purchased from Japan Experience. If they cancel their purchase, customers are invited to take note of the cancellation fees set out in the Specific Conditions as outlined hereinafter.
5. Personal data
In order to obtain general information on the personal data protection policy operated by Japan Experience, please consult our Confidentiality policy. 5.1. Personal data collected by Japan Experience
When a purchase is concluded, Japan Experience is apt to collect the following personal data:
- Surname, first name
- E-mail address
- Contact details
- Telephone number
- Banking details (card number, expiry date, security code)
- Company name
-Date of birth
Collection of this data is necessary for us to supply the service to customers, meaning that communication of this data is obligatory for any purchases to be concluded with Japan Experience. Should customers refuse to provide Japan Experience with their personal data, Japan Experience will be unable to pursue their service requests.
5.2. Purposes of data collection
Personal data is collected by Japan Experience in the aim of:
- Processing orders placed by customers;
- Monitoring orders placed by customers;
- Facilitating contact between Japan Experience and customers;
- Sending commercial and advertising information, in accordance with customers’ preferences.
When a purchase is concluded with Japan Experience, customers are invited to clearly express their choices regarding receipt of commercial and advertising information, notably by means of electronic communication.
Japan Experience is responsible for processing this information.
Information processing is founded on the legal bases set out below:
- Necessity of processing to carry out the contract agreed between customers and Japan Experience (processing/monitoring orders and contacting);
- Processing based on express agreement from customers (sending commercial and advertising information). 5.3. Length of data retention
Japan Experience undertakes to keep customers’ personal data only for the length of time necessary for the purposes of processing.
Furthermore, legal provisions oblige Japan Experience to keep some personal data for a minimum time period.
Customers’ personal data is kept by Japan Experience for the time periods set out below:
- Contact details (surname, first name, address, etc.): 5 years
- Bank details: 4 months 5.4. Sharing of personal data with third parties
Personal data collected by Japan Experience may be shared with third parties in the following cases:
- When Japan Experience uses service providers to host its databases. In this case, Japan Experience’s website is hosted by GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM and its databases are hosted by Google Cloud Platform/Google Ireland Limited. Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. Servers hosted in Belgium.
- When Japan Experience uses the services of a service provider as part of its service provision and in accordance with the choices expressed by customers. As a part of the supply of the service ordered by customers and in order to fulfil their different requirements, Japan Experience communicates some personal data to its different service providers.
Thus, for example, when customers wish to book a plane ticket for Japan, execution of this service requires communication of customers’ identity information to the relevant airline.
Similarly, when customers pay for their order using a bank card, their bank data is communicated to a service provider, INGENICO EPAYMENTS, in order to benefit from a secure online payment platform.
The same applies every time that execution of customers’ orders requires use of a third-party service provider.
- When Japan Experience communicates your personal data to other bodies in its group Japan Experience is part of a group of several companies, with the other companies in the group also being apt to access your personal data if such processing is justified by the execution of the contract agreed between customers and Japan Experience. Thus, our counsellors, in our subsidiaries abroad, are available across a number of countries in order to answer customers’ questions during their trip to Japan 7 days a week.
Their missions by definition involve accessing customers’ personal data in order to rapidly provide them with answers which are appropriate for their specific situations. In regard of this point, we guarantee that all companies in the TOURINVEST group are subject to the same requirements in terms of personal data protection.
- If the law requires it, Japan Experience may communicate data subsequent to claims made against Japan Experience and to comply with obligations arising from administrative and legal procedures;
- If Japan Experience is involved in a merger, takeover, asset transfer or insolvency proceedings, it may transfer or share all or part of its assets, including personal data. In such case, customers will be informed prior to personal data being transferred to a third party.
In all cases, Japan Experience undertakes to:
- Only communicate to its service providers the customer personal data they require to execute the order;
- Only communicate the customer personal data to service providers who provide sufficient guarantees in terms of personal data protection;
-Provide a strict framework to processing of its customers’ personal data carried out on its behalf by service providers. 5.5. Security and confidentiality
Japan Experience applies organizational, technical, electronic and physical measures in terms of digital security in order to provide protection to personal data against any alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. 5.6. Application of customers’ rights to their personal data
In application of the regulations relating to personal data, customers have the following rights:
- They can update or delete their data by contacting Japan Experience at the following e-mail address: data@vivreleJapan.com
- They can exercise their right to access, to know what data Japan Experience holds about them, by writing to the following e-mail address: data@vivreleJapan.com
- If personal data held by Japan Experience is incorrect, they can ask for the information to be updated by writing to the following e-mail address: data@vivreleJapan.com
- Customers can oppose processing of their data at all times by contacting Japan Experience;
- Finally, customers can also request communication of all data pertaining to them as part of their right to data portability.
In these different cases and before they exercise their rights, Japan Experience can ask clients for proof of their identity in order to verify it. Japan Experience undertakes to provide an answer to requests made prior to this within a timeframe of one month, with the possibility that this period may be extended by two months in case of complexity or a high number of requests.We furthermore remind you that customers may, in case of litigation regarding processing of their personal data, make a claim to the competent supervisory authority, namely CNIL in France: www.cnil.fr 5.7. Modifications to this clause
Japan Experience reserves the right to modify this clause relating to protection of personal data at any time. If any modification is made to this clause on protection of personal data, Japan Experience undertakes to publish the new version on its website.
Japan Experience will also inform customers via electronic message, as far as is possible, within a minimum timeframe of 15 days prior to the date the modification takes effect. If customers disagree with the modified terms of the personal data protection clause, they may request deletion of their personal data. 6. Risks and security
Risk is a factor which is inherent to every trip. As part of the service supplied to every customer, Japan Experience will make every effort to provide them with services which are adapted to their requirements and free of specific risks.
Customers remain, however, solely responsible for their own safety during their trip to Japan and may in no case hold Japan Experience liable for any risk which arises and for which the company is not responsible. Regarding this point, Japan Experience would like to remind customers of the necessity, prior to any trip, of obtaining information about the specific risks, laws and practices which apply to the country you are travelling to. 7. Force majeure
Japan Experience cannot be held liable in a case of force majeure. In compliance with Article 1148 of the Civil Code, force majeure is characterized by an external, unforeseen and uncontrollable event which is beyond the control of any of the parties. 8. Customer service
For any questions relating to the order they have placed, customers may contact a Japan Experience counsellor by proceeding as follows:
By telephone: + 33 (0) 1 42 61 60 83
By e-mail: using the address contact@vivreleJapan.com
By mail: by writing to Japan Experience, 30 rue Sainte Anne, 75001 Paris, France 9. Election of jurisdiction clause
In case of any dispute arising regarding the application of these general conditions of sale and the interpretation thereof, customers acting as consumers may have recourse to a consumer mediator, whose contact details will be provided by Japan Experience.
In a general sense, any dispute regarding the application of these general conditions of sale and the interpretation and execution thereof and of sales contracts agreed by Japan Experience, or the payment of the price, will be brought before the courts in Paris, wherever the order, delivery or payment was made and whatever the mode of payment, even in case of proceedings involving the introduction of third parties or proceedings involving multiple defendants. 10. Renunciation
If Japan Experience does not, at a given time, rely upon one of the clauses in these terms and conditions, this will not equate to renunciation of the right to rely upon the same clauses at another time. 11. Applicable law
Any question relating to these general conditions of sale as well as to the sales they regulate which is not dealt with by these contractual stipulations will be settled by French law, to the exclusion of any other legal regime.