Book your National Japan Rail Pass
The #1 Worldwide JR Pass Distributor
- Economic and simple
- Unlimited travel
Order your national Japan Rail Pass
An affordable way to explore Japan !
The Japan Rail Pass is the ideal travel solution and the best way to explore Japan by train. With a JR Pass, you can travel without restriction on all the JR train network of more than 20,000 km, buses or ferry.
- Travel anywhere in Japan with a single ticket
- Flexibility in duration: Valid for 7, 14 or 21 days
- Avoid spending on multiple train tickets and save money
- Ride any JR train without having to book ahead of time
- Reduced price for children aged 11 and under (free of charge for infants aged below 6)
Your safe choice for your Japan Rail Pass
How does the Japan Rail Pass work ?
Everything You Need to Know About the Japan Rail Pass
Upgrade to a JR Green Pass?
The "Green Pass" allows you to travel in the "Green Car", the equivalent of First Class, on all valid Shinkansen (excluding Nozomi and Mizuho) and certain express lines.
The Green Japan Rail Pass is not as well-known by foreign travelers but, considering the comfort it offers, the extra luggage space, additional leg room, along with other ammenities (such as a hot towel and complimentary drinks on certain lines), it is good value for the money.
If you plan on travelling during peak travel seasons (such as May, August, and September), purchasing the Green Japan Rail Pass is an excellent option. The
Green Car is often less crowded, giving you a better chance of getting a seat reservation.
|Ordinary JR Pass
|Green JR Pass (1st Class)
|Unlimited ride on JR Network
|Access to bullet trains (Shinkansen)
|Access to First Class compartment
|Comfortable and reclining seats
|Free seat reservations
|Additional baggage space
|Privacy and quiet compartment
|Additional amenities including drink and an Oshibori wet towel.
The JRP Care offer is a world exclusive from Japan Experience, the only company to offer this assistance service to JR Pass holders in Japan.
- 100% refund of your Japan Rail Pass (unused JR Pass Vouchers must be returned first)
- 7/7 help-desk service, in English & Japanese
- Expert advice on train travel in Japan, and unlimited tips on itineraries tested by our travel consultant
- Assistance in case of emergency during your train travel in Japan
Estimated CO₂ emissions per passenger for a trip from Tokyo to Kyoto (return) is 2kg CO₂
- Your contribution to the JRP Carbon-free Project will go towards the plantation of trees in Nagano prefecture, in the Japanese Alps and in Coral Planting in Okinawa.
- With this initial campaigns, Japan Experience looks forward to instituting further projects to maximize the off-setting of carbon emissions that serve as an unfortunate side-effect to the beauties of travel.
JRP & Suica Wallet
Keep your JR Pass & Train Tickets safe
- Fits easily anywhere, in a trouser pocket, handbag or clutch bag.
- Waterproof and magnetic: the Suica card can be beeped at turnstiles without taking it out of the holder.
- With its red design and Japanese theme, it's a beautiful souvenir of Japan.
Hear from our Customers
Reviews from our customers
Complementary information about the Japan Rail Pass
Who is eligible for a JR Pass?
The Japan Rail Pass is accessible to any traveler, with a foreign passport, traveling to Japan with a "temporary visitor" visa of 90 days or less: tourist, business trip, family visit, etc...
People who travel to Japan for more than 90 days (working holiday, military, diplomatic, cultural, research, working visa, etc.) are not eligible. Japanese citizens can buy and use the JR Pass if they reside abroad and have proof of a ten-year consecutive residency. This proof must be issued before purchasing the Japan Rail Pass.
Be aware, however, that the conditions are very restrictive.
You must obtain and fill in one of the following documents:
1 - An "Overseas Residential Registration" from the Japanese Embassy of your place of residence
2 - A "Certificate of Overseas Residence" from the Japanese Embassy of your place of residence
3 – For the United States, Brazil and Canada, a permanent residency card (the length of residence must be at least 10 years on the day you purchase the JR Pass).
For more information, please see our FAQ below
Frequently Asked Questions about the JR Pass.
Can't find the answer you were looking for?
If you haven't found the answer you're looking for, please check our FAQ page for more information about the Japan Rail Pass.
We're also here to help and would be more than happy to assist you. Simply click our " Contact us " page and email us.
One of our customer support representatives will get back to you as soon as possible.